Posting Guidelines ASL
We welcome your comments and questions on our Facebook Page, Twitter account, YouTube Channel and other social media. Canadian Hearing Services (CHS) will monitor Canadian Hearing Services Facebook Page, Twitter account and YouTube Channel during regular business hours. The views of participants commenting on this Facebook page or @CHSCanada on Twitter do not necessarily represent the views of CHS. Disagreements and constructive discussions are welcome as part of the conversation. However, inappropriate, abusive, discriminatory, offensive or unlawful comments are prohibited.
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please ensure that you do not include the names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses or any other personally identifying information of yourself or others in the body of your comment or post. Pictures of other people should not be posted without their express consent, especially on Flickr, Facebook and Twitter. Posts that include personal information, or identify a particular organization or person may be removed.
You can message CHS directly on our Facebook Page, we will respond to your message in a timely fashion. CHS is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information. The handling of personal information by CHS is governed by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Canadian Hearing Services (CHS):
- Requires a valid Facebook account and Twitter account for every comment.
- Will review posted comments, but cannot commit to replying to all comments and/or moderating all discussions on this Facebook Page or our Twitter feed.
- Expects posted comments to be relevant to the section they are posted to.
- Reserves the right to edit or remove postings, in whole or in part, for any reason, including those that:
- Express racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or threatening messages;
- Are aggressive, coarse, violent, obscene, or pornographic in tone;
- Are offensive to an individual or an organization, rude in tone, or otherwise abusive;
- Are not sent by the author; put forward for advertising purposes and/or are written in a language other than English or French or ASL or LSQ video;
- Are unintelligible, or otherwise inconsistent with the purposes of this Facebook Page;
- Are repetitive or spamming of threads; or
- Are in any way contrary to law.
Any user acting contrary to these rules may be temporarily or permanently excluded from the wall of this Facebook Page or from Twitter followers.