Due to the global pandemic, and in order to ensure the safety of our clients and staff, this service will be provided virtually for the foreseeable future.
The Canadian Hearing Services (CHS) Settlement Program assists Deaf or hard of hearing newcomers, overcome barriers specific to the newcomer experience, through direct service provided by a Settlement Counsellor in ASL. Support is available to address everyday living needs and the transition to life in Canada.
This is a free program funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada to help individuals settle in Canada, understand their rights and responsibilities and access community resources.
The Settlement Program for Newcomers to Canada is only available at our Mississauga and London locations.
Our experienced staff will assess your needs, goals and priorities and determine how best to assist you.
Areas covered may include information and assistance with housing, the legal system, technical devices, transit system use, completion of forms/applications, and health services. Support is available for the translation of documents from written English to American Sign Language (ASL) or from ASL to written English.
We can refer you to Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) at Canadian Hearing Services or to other appropriate language programs.
Who is eligible?
- Individuals who are Deaf and hard of hearing, and:
- permanent residents of Canada
- convention refugees or protected persons outside of Canada who have been selected for resettlement in Canada by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- temporary residents working in Canada with a work permit under the Live-in Caregiver Program (not eligible for LINC)
- persons who have been selected in Canada or overseas to become a permanent resident and have been informed by letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
How to request service
Phone toll free: 1-866-518-0000
TTY toll free: 1-877-215-9530