Due to the global pandemic, and in order to ensure the safety of our clients and staff, this service will be provided virtually for the foreseeable future.
Canadian Hearing Services offers individualized instruction for Deaf adults to develop and apply communication, numeracy, and digital skills to achieve career goals, maintain employment, further education, participate in training opportunities and increase personal independence.
Classes are free and provided in American Sign Language (ASL) to individuals who are residents of Ontario and who are aged 19 and over.
Topics may Include:
- English – reading and writing
- preparation for employment such as how to develop cover letters and résumés, interview skills, and workplace literacy
- use of communication devices, social media, and communication strategies
- computer skills
- Employment Skills training sessions such as Soft Skills Solutions, Health & Safety at Work, and Food Handler Preparation
- G1 Driver’s Test Preparation
Instruction is provided one-on-one or in group sessions, both on-site or virtually.
To register, or for additional information:
Phone toll free: 1-866-518-0000 x 4220
TTY toll free: 1-877-215-9530
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario and the United Way Greater Toronto.