Our counsellors provide guidance, advocacy, support and counselling to Deaf and hard of hearing individuals who need assistance managing everyday life events such as completing government forms, navigating systems, and coping with hearing loss.
Our services are free-of-charge, confidential, and are provided in an accessible environment using American Sign Language (ASL), la langue des signes québécoise (LSQ), real-time captioning, and amplification devices as required.
- individuals aged 16 and over who are Deaf and hard-of-hearing
- families with children under age 16 who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing
We work with you to:
- complete forms and applications (e.g. housing applications)
- renew or replace a driver’s license, health card, or passport
- navigate through government services such as:
- Employment Insurance (EI)
- Ontario Works (OW)
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
- Citizenship and Immigration
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- provide information and assistance in advocating for your rights
- attend meetings with you where additional support is needed
- provide assessments and recommendations for communication devices
- refer you to other CHS programs and services or agencies that offer alternate services as needed
How to Request Service:
Phone toll free: 1-866-518-0000
TTY toll free: 1-877-215-9530
This program is funded in part by local United Ways.