Experienced Canadian Hearing Services (CHS) intervenors provide the visual and auditory information necessary to enable people with Deafblindness to interact successfully with other people and their environment.
Our intervenors adapt to the communication preferences of our clients, including American Sign Language, English, braille or two-hand manual. We offer limited service in French and la langue des signes Québécoise.
Deafblind Services are available free of charge.
Where can you use Intervening Services:
CHS intervenors can assist with a variety of activities including:
- Medical, legal, or financial appointments
- Employment, entrepreneurism, and volunteering;
- Educational pursuits
- Accessing community and social services
- Personal business or family meetings
- Recreation and leisure activities
- Accessing community infrastructure such as transportation services, shopping, or libraries
- Transportation to and from appointments (where Intervening Services are utilized)
Deafblind Services are available in these locations:
How to Request Service:
Phone toll free: 1-866-518-0000
TTY toll free: 1-877-215-9530