CHS Interpreting Services facilitate clear two-way communication between Deaf and hearing people through sign language and spoken language.
Our highly skilled interpreters are professionally trained in sign language and knowledgeable in the language and culture of both Deaf and hearing people. They provide communication in American Sign Language (ASL) - English, or la Langue des Signes Québécoise (LSQ) - French.
Interpreting Services are available on-site, or through video remote technology. Video remote interpreting (VRI) services enable Deaf and hearing people to communicate through an interpreter who is located off-site via videoconferencing technology.
Learn more about Deaf Interpreting services
Interpreting Services can be conveniently scheduled for meetings and appointments, or for unforeseen emergencies that require immediate attention.
Our CHS interpreters can assist in a variety of settings including:
- at a job interview
- at a medical appointment
- in a business meeting
- banking matters
- reporting a crime
- court proceedings
- in crisis in a hospital, shelter, police station, etc.
Please view CHS Interpreting Services Terms and Conditions here
For your convenience, all bookings for pre-scheduled Interpreting services are done through our Centralized Scheduling Service.
For scheduled appointments:
- bookings should be requested 1-2 weeks in advance
- requests can be made Monday to Thursday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- interpreters are available during business hours, evenings, weekends and over holidays
To book an appointment, contact our Centralized Scheduling Service:
- Phone: 1-866-518-0000
- TTY: 1-877-215-9530
- Skype: CHS/SCO
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 1-855-259-7557
In cases of a sudden, unforeseen crisis that requires immediate attention:
- emergency services are offered 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, 365 days/year
- emergencies may occur in: hospital emergency rooms; after-hours medical clinics; crisis centres; shelters; Police services; court settings; and child welfare cases
- Please note that Emergency Interpreting Services are based on availabilities and may not be available on-site in all communities
To request Emergency Interpreting Services, please contact us by:
- Phone: 1-866-518-0000
- E-mail: email@example.com
- SMS/Text: 416-712-6637 (charges may apply)