Canadian Hearing Services (CHS) announces that effective November 16, 2020, Ontario Interpreting Services (OIS) will change its name to CHS Interpreting and Translation Services. Our new name reflects the expansion of interpreting services across Canada by Canadian Hearing Services (CHS), offered via video or in-person, where available.
The high quality of service, terms and conditions of service, and contact information will remain the same.
Our Interpreting and Translation Services are provided by a highly skilled team. All of our interpreters have successfully completed their post-secondary education with a focus on sign language and cultural studies and have passed a robust CHS screening process that may also have included an extensive internship. Our interpreters continue to hone their professional practice and are committed to Raising the Bar by delivering personalized services, allowing every individual to rise above their unique challenges and achieve independence.
We offer range of services, including:
- In-person interpreting at your location (as circumstances allow)
- Interpreting via video – just a simple click away
- Emergency Interpreting Services, 24hours 365 days of the year for any sudden, unforeseen crisis that requires immediate attention.
- Translation services (from print to video)
- CART (live captioning that can be embedded into video meetings)
- Sign Language education (on-line classes)
- American Sign Language (ASL)
- La langue des signes québécoise (LSQ)
To learn more about CHS Interpreting and Translation Services, visit CHS.ca, or to request interpreting services, contact us at:
- Phone: 1-866-518-0000
- TTY: 1-877-215-9530
- Skype: CHS Interpreting
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Emergency interpreting services: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your continued support and look forward to continuing to work with you. When you work with CHS, you also support the communities we serve.