Français à venir!
If you need hearing aids or want to replace the ones you already have, Canadian Hearing Services (CHS) audiologists will help you find the one that is right for your hearing loss, lifestyle and budget.
A hearing aid evaluation is an opportunity to discuss specific hearing aid options and how they may help your overall communication.
Hearing aid evaluations, services and sales are offered at locations across Ontario. Our evaluation process is designed to be a convenient and easy way to learn about your hearing loss and what related products and services are available to you.
We also offer:
- Hearing aid maintenance and repair
- Hearing aid batteries, accessories and maintenance products
- Custom-made musician’s plugs, swim plugs and noise protection
Before you go to your hearing aid evaluation:
- Be informed – get as much basic knowledge about hearing aids as possible.
- Make a list – outline the key priorities you want addressed during your appointment.
- Check your coverage – find out if your health insurance offers hearing aid coverage.
At your hearing aid evaluation we will:
- Use a person and family centred care approach to ensure we fully understand what you and your family want to accomplish
- Review your hearing test (audiogram) in detail and answer any questions about your overall communication ability
- Explain how hearing aids work and how they can improve your hearing and communication
- Discuss the benefits and limitations of hearing aids and communication devices so you can make an informed decision about the option that’s best for you
- Ask questions about your lifestyle, activity level, communication goals and the type of listening situations you need help in
- Discuss the variety of hearing aid technologies that match your unique needs and budget
- Describe hearing aid styles, models, cosmetic preferences and technical characteristics
- Prescribe the hearing aid that’s best for you from the product lines offered by all major hearing aid manufacturers
If you decide to order a hearing aid after your evaluation, we will:
- Take an impression of your ears, depending on the type of hearing aids ordered.
- Discuss the cost of the hearing aids and help determine if you are eligible for government funding
- Place your order with the manufacturer
When your new hearing aids arrive, you will need to come back to have them fitted to your ears, learn how to use them and have them assessed to make sure they’re meeting your needs.
At your hearing aid fitting, our staff will take all the time you need to make sure you:
- Understand how to best use your hearing aids
- Know how to clean and maintain them
- Are comfortable with the sound quality
- Gain a realistic understanding of potential benefits and limitations
- Ensure they’re meeting your amplification needs
During the 90-day trial period, we strongly recommend you return for follow-up visits to let us know how your hearing aids are performing and if any adjustments, fine-tuning or counselling and education are necessary. We can also discuss other CHS services that might enhance your hearing aid experience.
Many hearing aids today can be programmed remotely through virtual platforms. When you receive your new hearing aids from us, we’ll help you get set up so that we can connect virtually to make adjustments if needed in the future. You may find virtual service to be a convenient way to receive service when you’re unable to come to our office.
We recommend you return to CHS for an annual hearing test and hearing aid check-up. Regular visits help monitor your hearing loss, assess the effectiveness of your hearing aids, and provide strategies for overcoming any challenges you may encounter.
Most hearing aids at CHS come with a three-year warranty. If your hearing aids need servicing or repair, we are equipped to resolve a variety of maintenance issues. If we are unable to repair your hearing aids on-site, we’ll work with the manufacturer to address your issue efficiently and affordably.
Clients who purchase hearing aids at CHS are eligible for our Sound Rewards program and receive savings on hearing aid services, batteries, repairs and communication devices.
Clients who purchased their hearing aids from another hearing aid provider can purchase a one-year Sound Umbrella Protection Plan from us, renewable each year, offering savings on batteries, services, repairs and maintenance. Just come in for a hearing test, let us assess your current hearing aids and we’ll be ready to bring you under the CHS Umbrella.
CHS’ Hearing Healthcare team is knowledgeable about funding available for hearing aids and communication devices through various Ontario and federal programs. We can help identify if you are eligible for funding and walk you through the application process.
Learn more about funding and financial resources for hearing aids.