If you have a general question about hearing loss or want more information about our audiology services, you are welcome to contact Rex Banks by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rex Banks, Au.D., Reg. CASLPO | Doctor of Audiology
Director, Hearing Healthcare, Quality and Knowledge Enterprise
Infection Control Officer
Rex Banks has worked at CHS since 2001 where he is responsible for Audiology/Speech Language Pathology services, quality & accreditation, development of knowledge-based products and serves as the organization’s Infection Control Officer. His audiology experience spans private practice, ENT physician offices, hospitals, universities, and the non-profit sector. Rex has served on numerous professional committees, is a requested presenter at conferences and is often called upon by the media to comment on a range of hearing healthcare issues that affect Canadians.
- Au.D. (Doctor of Audiology), A.T. Still University
- M.A. (Audiology), University of Tennessee
- B.A. (Communication Disorders), University of Mississippi
- TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) Certificate, University of Toronto
- Aural rehabilitation, tinnitus, noise pollution and hearing loss comorbidities
- President, Board of Directors, Canadian Academy of Audiology
- President, Board of Directors, Ontario Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists
- President, Board of Directors, Acoustic Neuroma Association of Canada
- Audiologist of the Year, Ontario Association of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists
- Moneca Price Humanitarian Award, Canadian Academy of Audiology
- Professional Leadership Award in Audiology, A.T. Still University
- A.T. Still University, Nova Southeastern University and Western Kentucky University
- Ramage-Morin, P., Banks, R., Pineault, D., Atrach, M. (2019). Unperceived hearing loss among Canadians aged 40 to 79. Statistics Canada, Health Reports. 30. 11-20.
- Ramage-Morin, P., Banks, R., Pineault, D., Atrach, M. (2019). Tinnitus in Canada. Statistics Canada, Health Reports, 30. 3-11.
- Ramage-Morin, P., Banks, R., Pineault, D., Atrach, M., Gilmour, H. (2021). Hypertension associated with hearing health problems among Canadian adults aged 19 to 79 years. Health Reports 32 (10), 14-26
- Ruotolo, A., Banks, R., (2021). Perceived benefits of the AuD degree among Canadian audiologists. Canadian Audiologist Online Journal, Vol. 8, Issue 3
- Registered with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
- Certificate of Clinical Competency in Audiology (CCC-A) from the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT)
- Cerumen Management