ONE-STOP ACCESS TO A FULL RANGE OF SERVICES TO ENSURE YOUR BUSINESS IS ACCESSIBLE AND COMPLIES WITH LEGISLATION
Canadian Hearing Services (CHS) provides one-stop access to a full range of services to help your organization improve communication access for people who are Deaf or hard of hearing. Our experienced consultants, specializing in accessibility requirements for the Deaf and hard of hearing, will work with you to identify current communication barriers and recommend solutions to improve accessibility, coordinate the appropriate CHS services to make your business accessible and ensure you comply with provincial and national accessibility legislation.
*Please note that consulting services are based on availabilities and may not be available on-site in all locations.
Proceeds from corporate consultancy sales are invested back into free programs such as life skills training and counselling services.
HOW TO REQUEST ACCESSIBILITY CONSULTING SERVICES:
We understand that one size does not fit all. Your organization, business or facility will have unique requirements for its accessibility strategy. Through various consultations, including a technology assessment, we will work with you to identify your organization’s needs and develop an effective and attainable strategy.
Our accessibility consultants will conduct a full audit of your business and assess everything from your policies and communication strategies, to the built environment. They will provide you with a written report that captures where you are now and where you want to be in order to provide recommendations on how to improve your services and facility to make it welcoming to the Deaf and hard of hearing members of your community and staff.
Our consultants identify how current technology can help your business provide clear, effective communication and enhance your services. We provide advice, including training and workshops, on assistive listening systems and communication devices for auditoriums, counter/information areas, and both small and large meeting rooms. We can also assess your existing communication technologies and make appropriate recommendations on emergency notification systems to one-to-one interactions and more.
In partnership with other disability organizations and experts in the accessibility field, we offer virtual and/or on-site awareness training workshops for your employees and management teams. Topics include:
- current legislation
- communication strategies
- current assistive technology
- anti-audism, anti-ableism and other related topics
- Workshops can be customized to meet your unique needs.
- How this benefits your business
- In addition to complying with legal requirements to make your organization or facility accessible to everyone, our solutions have the potential to lead to these positive returns:
- Value-added services and products: Simple solutions benefit more than just your customers with hearing loss. Effective communication strategies better serve those accessing your information to motivate them to choose your product or service.
- Enhanced corporate reputation: Meeting the needs of all your customers enhances your reputation within the community. It can also be a powerful tool in recruiting and retaining talent in your organization.
- Tapping into global markets: You have the opportunity to tap into any market and attract global customers not served by their local markets.