|Date:||May 7, 2012|
Program Assistant III – Hearing Health Care
Provincial HHC, Toronto
|Minimum Start Salary:||
$8,912 per annum
Permanent; Part-time (1 day per week; 7 hours)
Provide administrative support to the Program Director of Hearing Health Care with regards to provincial HHC matters; and provide operational administrative support to managers agency-wide respective to their local suite of HHC services.
Provide program information in response to public inquiries.
Responsible for specialized audiological databases, software and hardware/equipment installation and maintenance.
· Act as a resource for public inquiries about hearing healthcare and refer inquiries to appropriate department
· Answer program incoming calls and emails
· Provide back-up reception for the Audiology, Hearing Aid Program, Speech-Language Pathology and HHC programs for Toronto region, filing and scheduling relief as needed
· Work with regions with regards to tracking and documenting complaints and other issues relating to quality assurance and the public
· Other duties as assigned
· Act as a liaison to IT on behalf of provincial hearing healthcare in solving database and other technical issues for the regions,
· Responsible for issues related to maintaining, troubleshooting, updating and training with regards to the HearWare provincial database and network.
· Provide provincial support and maintenance for specialized audiological software, hardware and equipment.
· Responsible for database maintenance, correspondence and support to marketing initiatives for the Sound Rewards program.
· Responsible for updating provincial hearing healthcare Sharepoint website.
· Responsible for developing systems for exporting and importing of data between various databases/programs
· Maintain advanced working knowledge of all HHC computer programs
· Responsible for trouble shooting computer and office equipment problems
· Responsible for creating and maintaining templates for monitoring schedule systems agency-wide
· Assist with the developing and marketing of the Sound Tips newsletter
· Develop, maintain and update provincial price lists for batteries, accessories and other audiology/hearing aid program fees and services
· Arrange and schedule provincial vcon meetings
· Provide support to Program Director, HHC managers and staff for lectures/presentations/workshops (i.e. booking guest speakers, interpreters, CART services, venues; set-up and clean-up; payment of honoraria, etc.)
· Assist with various provincial marketing initiatives as needed including tracking outcomes and success of sales and promotions
· Co-ordinate schedule for the travelling audiologist who serves the regions.
· Assist with the collection, maintenance and reporting of provincial service and client statistics
· Assist with coordinating funding and grant proposals as needed
· Record meeting minutes where required
· Provide support to special projects, Doctors Outreach program and committees and support groups as needed.
· Assist Program Director with tracking outcomes and implementing marketing projects in the regions.
· Assist in preparation of various HHC standards, protocols, and procedures
· Responsible for maintaining and revising various HHC forms
· In consultation with Program Director, responsible for program inventories e.g. coordinate moving equipment between offices as needed, ordering bulk office and treatment supplies, and making arrangements for equipment repairs, etc.
· Other duties as assigned
· Assist Program Director in materials for budget preparation according to variable guidelines and procedures
· Assist Program Director in preparation of quarterly financial reports and other financial reporting as required
· Maintain overview of program expenditures in consultation with Program Director
· Process professional development expenditures and activities for the provincial HHC team
· Maintain provincial hearing aid donation program statistics and financials
· Assist Program Director in general office management and accounting procedures
· Maintain, code and prepare information for Financial Services including invoices, cheque requisitions, special billings, cash cheques, etc.
· Provide guidance and training for provincial student placements, volunteers and staff as required
· Provide training to professional and administrative regional staff agency-wide with regards to procedures, statistical collection, medical/scheduling/billing systems
· Act as a consultant with respect to medical/scheduling/billing systems to Program Director and staff of the HHC departments
· Provide general information to the public about CHS programs and services and HHC delivery system via phone, written correspondence and walk-in inquiries
· Assist professional staff in displays, presentations and marketing of the services as necessary
· Attend internal staff meetings
· Attend and participate in workshops/seminars related to position
· Keep up-to-date on issues and information related to position and agency
· Acquire and maintain the ASL proficiency requirement for the position (Intermediate Plus)
LINE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reports to Program Director, Hearing Health Care
Bachelor degree in Health Sciences or equivalent
3-5 years of high level related administrative experience
Proficiency in database and systems management
Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Internet and database applications
Demonstrated communication skills and ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) skills or willingness to learn
Demonstrated sensitivity to working in a culturally diverse environment
Date (Internal)* – May 15, 2012
*Please note that as per the terms of our Collective Agreement, qualifying internal candidates will be considered first. External candidates – you will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), CHS will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.
|Please email your resume as a MS Word attachment or paste the resume into the body of the email. Remember to put the competition number in the subject line. Thank you for your application.|
HIRING PROCESS FOR CULTURALLY DEAF, ORAL DEAF,
DEAFENED, AND HARD OF HEARING APPLICANTS
THE CANADIAN HEARING SOCIETY SUPPORTS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION HIRING PROCESS FOR CULTURALLY DEAF, ORAL DEAF, DEAFENED,
AND HARD OF HEARING APPLICANTS.
|< Précédent||Suivant >|