Employment Services at The Canadian Hearing Society (CHS) offers specialized job-related services to support people who are deaf or have hearing loss in reaching their employment goals. Employment consultants at CHS offices can get you started. Anyone 16 years of age or older who is culturally Deaf, oral deaf, deafened, or hard of hearing is eligible for CHS Employment Services*. All of our services are provided free-of-charge to eligible clients.
- Return-to-work plans
- Resume and cover letter services
- Job readiness workshops
- Job search and interview techniques
- Job development with employers
- Job matching and placement
- Job retention services
- Information on the types of accommodations
- Employer accommodation seminars
- Access to resource materials
- Referral and information
- Job training opportunities
* Services vary by location. Please contact your local CHS office for details.