COMMUNICATION DEVICES SPECIALIST
|Minimum Start Salary:||$44,722 per annum|
Permanent, Full-time; 35 hours per week
• Conduct sales and marketing; provide information, demonstrations, installations and minor repairs of communication devices to clients, businesses and institutions.
• Provide information and support to consumers who are culturally Deaf, oral deaf, deafened or hard of hearing about communication devices and how they can enhance day to day living and reduce social isolation and stress.
• Provide technical services to major institutions, agencies and employers and promote awareness about communication accessibility and hearing safety.
• Respond to incoming inquiries about communication devices
• Develop and implement marketing strategies and promotion plans for local communities in consultation with managers
• Provide direct sales and follow up to clients, businesses, educational facilities and institutions
• Provide technical consultation and assessments in client homes, worksites or public buildings
• Promote awareness about communication devices and CHS services through presentations, workshops, trade shows, etc.
• Facilitate and secure financial assistance for clients in need
• Maintain, loan and sell communication devices stock
• Assess and install personal and large system communication devices as requested
• Research communication systems in order to provide accessibility
• Provide maintenance and minor repairs on communication devices; ship to external sources for major repairs
• Act as a resource to other staff regarding communication devices and CDP services for CHS clients
• Assist with communication devices for in-house meeting access as required
• Provide appropriate back-up to other staff as required
• Other duties as assigned
• Receive payments and provide receipts for stock
• Process invoices and conduct follow up as required
• Process appropriate forms for various internal departments as well as ADP, etc.
• Keep accurate financial records and statistics
• Maintain confidential client files and program documents and records
• Maintain stock and inventories
• Other duties as assigned
• Provide information about communication devices and accessibility through workshops, presentations, trade shows, etc.
• Industrial audiology – promote prevention of hearing loss; partner with other CHS programs and services to provide additional resources e.g. training, hearing screening services, etc.
• Participate in special events e.g. United Way campaign, May Month, etc.
• Receive and provide training for internal staff on new equipment and procedures
• Attend and participate in internal staff meetings, in-house training/retreats as required
• Attend and participate in external workshops/seminars related to position
• Keep up-to-date on issues and information related to communication devices, the position and the agency
• Acquire and maintain ASL proficiency requirement for the position (Advanced Plus)
LINE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Regional Director, York Region
• Graduate of a Community College program in marketing/communications/business
• 2 years related work experience in sales
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Basic accounting appropriate to sales and inventories
• Comfortable with technology; ability in perusing manuals, demonstrating, instructing and trouble shooting of devices including minor repairs
• Installations, safety and lifting/loading of small equipment e.g. ladder, toolbox, etc. and small-medium sized packages
• Knowledge of culturally Deaf, oral deaf, deafened and hard of hearing communities; access variables and communication devices an asset
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and databases
• Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) or willingness to learn
• Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle; frequent travel within the region required
• Some evening and weekend work required e.g. installations, presentations, trade shows, etc.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to working in a culturally diverse environment
May 4, 2010 (Internal)*
|SEND RESUME TO:||Subject:
Competition # 2010-022
The Canadian Hearing Society
|Please email your resume as a MS Word attachment or paste the resume into the body of the email. Remember to put the competition number in the subject line. Thank you for your application.|
HIRING PROCESS FOR CULTURALLY DEAF, ORAL DEAF,
DEAFENED, AND HARD OF HEARING APPLICANTS
|< Prev||Next >|