Personal counselling and guidance for deaf, deafened and hard of hearing people looking for support and advocacy. If you are facing challenges with government services, immigration issues, or you need help overcoming an obstacle you're not sure how to get around, we can help. Our counsellors can also make referrals to other community services.
We're here for you and we can help. Take the first step and click the Contact Us button above.
How We Can Help
The following are just a few of the things we can help you with:
- Filling out forms
- Attending meetings with your government case worker
- Finding agencies and organizations that can help you
- Ontario Works (OW), Welfare
- ODSP Income Support
- ODSP Employment Support
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
- Employment Insurance (EI)
- Citizenship and Immigration (CIC)
- Permanent Residence (PR)
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Ministry of Health (MOH or MOHLTC)
- Ministry of Community and Social Services (MCSS)
- Ministry of Transportation (driver's license)
- Many more!
Our experienced GSS counsellors provide accessible and confidential services to deaf, deafened and hard of hearing people facing obstacles in their daily living.